Thursday, October 21, 2010

Photography Assignment #4 - Lighting

Teachers instructions for this Assignment:
"Find a lighting situation other than “daylight”. Make a photograph in this situation using one of the “White Balance Control” choices in your camera. Please do not use "Auto"!"

My choice of subject for this assignment I decided to photograph my Pet Rock. Actually the rock is painted as a Tiger done by someone who used to work with my mother. I collect tigers and my mom bought it for me since my moms co-worker sells her rock artwork. The woman that painted the rock can actually see the animals in the rock before she decides what she wants to paint on the rock. Once she sees the animal in that rock then she will paint the animal on it.

I used my Nikon D70s for this assignment since for some reason my Nikon D300 was not working properly. The Flash I used was my Nikon SB 600 Speedlight. I shot the photo in Manual setting and used the Flash White Balancing Control Setting. My aperture was f/5.6 and the focal length was 70mm.

DSC_8036 Pet Rock Tiger - FB

No comments:

Post a Comment